Christmas 2013 and the brochure for 2014
Need a present for someone who has everything? Just send a cheque, made out to Anne Holden, to Assington Mill, Assington, CO10 5LZ, for any amount you wish to give, and I will send you a gift voucher, plus the latest brochure. Or buy one for £70 on our website, www.assingtonmill.com, which would be quicker and easier.
The NEW BROCHURE for 2014 contains several new courses:
- Papier-mache, a two-day course on one of the world’s oldest crafts, using layers of recyclable materials to create beautiful items.
- Dog psychology – a look into the dog’s mind and motivations which will help owners to understand why their dog behaves as s/he does. The course will focus on effective ways for humans to communicate with their dogs.
- Willow plant supports: using basket-weaving techniques, you will create strong and beautiful structures to allow plants to climb.
- Spinning wool with a spinning wheel. You will also learn about the preparation of fleece, washing, combing, carding and producing rollags.
- Wooden spoon carving: learn to carve a wooden spoon and a spatula, or butter knife, by the end of a lovely peaceful and rewarding day.
- Green gym: forget sweaty indoor gyms! Come and exercise with personal trainer Dan in our beautiful valley. All your different abilities will be catered for.
- Lambing: spend an afternoon and evening with professional shepherd Dek Mckinnon at lambing time. The sight of so many ewes and lambs together in a huge Suffolk barn at night is like something out of a Thomas Hardy novel.
- Bushcraft: an introduction to the main skills and knowledge required for living in the wild. James will cover knife skills, shelter building, fire-making techniques and the sourcing of useful materials
- Foraging for wild food: this is a new take on one of our most popular subjects. Chef Carl Shillingford will show you how to cook the food that you will have identified and found earlier.
- Plumbing DIY, with professional plumber Bob Owen. You will learn easy solutions to some common plumbing problems.
- Fitness for the over 50s: a lovely relaxing two-day course to help you with walking the dog, pruning the roses and playing with your grandchildren.
- Jam & jelly-making with a professional jam-maker. Come and learn the tricks of the trade. Could be useful for competing in village shows?
- Wild game butchery: don’t know what to do with game that you shoot or are given? Ray Davis aims to show you how to prepare five different birds and animals by the end of the day.
Book now on our website, www.assingtonmill.com!