Hope you had a good summer. Our new brochure is out now and covers courses until May 2013. Here is the link for that. Otherwise, have a look at the course list where you will see all the courses on offer at present in much greater detail, plus potted biographies for the tutors.
New topics in the programme are:
- The craft of the landscape painter, with professional artist Roy Connelly (see more about his work online).
- Hunting with Harris Hawks, an unusual course for only six people. With one Harris hawk between two people, you will walk the fields and woodlands and see what the birds can find.
- The night sky for beginners, with Julie Franklin. Julie has a science degree and has been enthusiastic about the subject for many years. Here at Assington Mill there is very little light pollution so, barring fog, you should have a good evening.
- Dipped candle-making from beeswax, with Clive de Bruyn. Clive is well-known in beekeeping circles and advises people all over the world on how to get added value from keeping bees.
- How to start a new business with management consultant John Lawrence.
- Bridge without fear, with Mike Taylor, who plays bridge competitively but aims to encourage beginners to take up the game.
- Picture framing – an introduction – Glyn Jones. From being a keen photographer, Glyn decided to do his own framing as well.
- Blacksmithing, with Nigel Barnett. You will learn the principles of the craft and come away with a small item that you will have made during the day.
We are now on Facebook, which may suit some of our students. We could do with some more “likes”, having only just entered the fray!
Looking forward to seeing you in the forthcoming year.